After a quiet year, Tomahawk, the Swiss Army knife of music players, is back with a brand new release to sing about. The latest release of Tomahawk, version 0.8 is available for Linux, OS X, Windows and a beta app for Android. I have to say, Tomahawk is hands down the most beautiful music player I have used.
"A new kind of music player that invites all your streams, downloads, cloud music storage, playlists, radio stations and friends to the same party. It's about time they all mingle."
Some of it's features are :
- Connect to Music sources and services : Beats Music, Google Play Music, Spotify, SoundCloud, Last.fm, Rdio, Billboard, iTunes, Jamendo and many more.
- Get Social : Connect to friends to browse and play their libraries, playlists, stations, or just listen along what they are playing. See and hear the loved tracks and recently played tracks across your network.
- Notifications : Now Playing notifications (OS X & Windows) - support for OS-level notification systems (e.g. Notification Center) with fallback to its own native notification system
- IPv6 Support to make directly connecting to your other computers and networks much easier and more reliable.
- Interoperability : You and your music influencers may have similar tastes in music, but not necessarily the same music services and sources. With Tomahawk its easier to find and listen to the songs others shared from the music service of your choice.
- Aggregation : No more searching the songs you love across the web and multiple apps. Bring them together in one place with Tomahawk.
Tomahawk beta for Android
You can finally stop chasing music across the web - to services to don't use or sources you don't have access to. Given the title or a link to a song, Tomahawk will find the best available source for you and just play it. So why wait, download the best music player available and enjoy your music.
For Ubuntu 14.04 and 14.10
Open terminal and type
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install tomahawk
For Mac OS X
Join Tomahawk Community :
Tomahawk Android Beta testing
Then Opt-in for Beta
Tomahawk Beta Test on Google Play
Download links for other Linux Distros can be found in the download section of official Tomahawk website: https://www.tomahawk-player.org/
Let me know in the comment section below about your impressions on Tomahawk Music Player.
Stay High in Linux. Peace!!