Nexulockr is a toolkit for unlocking, rooting and managing Nexus devices from Google. The app is relatively new and first of its kind built for Ubuntu and it's derivatives.
Some of its current features are :
- Open a shell on the device
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, bootloader or back into Android
- Grab information from the device like the model number, serial number, product name and board name.
- Unlock the device's bootloader
- Root devices
- Unroot devices
- Relock the bootloader
- Provide utilities for flashing fastboot partitions
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nexulockr-dev/nexulockr-
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nexulockr
They also have a companion Android app to make it easier to navigate to developer settings, download superuser zip file and custom recovery and many more.
Unfortunately the Android app isn't compatible with my Galaxy Nexus. But it may support your device, give it a try.
Download Nexulockr Companion from Google Play
Stay High on Linux and Android. Peace!!!